Brother Joseph (Cuthbert) Thibault
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1933-1936 Unknown
- 1937-1945 St. John’s Prep (Danvers, MA)
- 1946-1948 St. Michael’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1949-1954 Holy Cross (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1955-1957 Mission High School (Roxbury, MA)
- 1956-1968 Xavier High School (Middletown, CT)
- 1958-1961 Mount St. Joseph (Baltimore, MD)
- 1963-1964 Notre Dame (Utica, NY)
- 1969-1971 Xaverian Brothers High School (Westwood, MA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother Joseph (Cuthbert) Thibault:
Brother Joseph (Cuthbert) Thibault joined the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier in 1933. According to media reports, in 2005, he was named in a civil lawsuit alleging sexual abuse of a minor male student at Mission High School, in Boston, Massachusetts from 1956 to 1957. The suit involved multiple plaintiffs and named multiple priests as defendants. Other allegations of sexual abuse were reportedly made against Brother Thibault that allegedly occurred in Baltimore, Maryland and Roxbury, Massachusetts in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
In 2019, he was named on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. He died in 1971.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.