Brother William (LaSalle) Marinan
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1947-1950 Unknown
- 1951-1957 Holy Name (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1957-1960 Holy Cross (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1960-1962 Leonard Hall (Leonardtown, MD)
- 1962-1963 St. Teresa’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1963-1968 Holy Cross (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1968-1970 Leonard Hall (Leonardtown, MD)
- 1970-1974 St. Jerome’s (Hyattsville, MD)
- 1974-1990 St. Jude’s (Rockville, MD)
- 1990-1991 St. Catherine’s Laboure (Wheaton, MD)
- 1991-1997 St. Philip the Apostle (Camp Spring, MD)
- 1998-2010 Our Lady of Grace Church (Silver Spring, MD)
- 2011-2013 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother William (LaSalle) Marinan:
Brother William (LaSalle) Marinan was a member of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier. According to media reports, in 2011, he was accused of sexually abusing a minor in the early 1970s. His ministry was restricted and he was placed on a safety plan in 2011.
In 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.