Brother William (Vincent) Rettino
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1959-1961 Unknown
- 1978-1981 Boy Scouts of America (Middletown, NY)
- 1962-1963 Don Bosco Hall (Detroit, MI)
- 1964-1972 Holy Name School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1973-1975 Ryken High School (Leonardtown, MD)
- 1976-1977 Diocese of Brooklyn (Cluster School, Brooklyn, NY)
- 1982-1992 St. Joseph by the Sea High School (Staten Island, NY)
- 1993-1994 Our Lady of Good Counsel High School (Wheaton, MD)
- 1995-2000 St. Joseph by the Sea High School, (Staten Island, NY)
- 2001-2019 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother William (Vincent) Rettino:
Brother William (Vincent) Rettino was a member of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier. According to media reports, in 2019,his name appeared publicly on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. It noted a report was made in 1992 that Brother Rettino allegedly sexually abused at least one minor from the late 1960s to the early 1970s in Brooklyn, New York. He withdrew from the Xaverian Brothers in 2006. His status as a brother, whereabouts, and whether he has access to children are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.