Father Leonard W. Broughan, O.Carm.
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Assigned as follows:
- 1955-1957 St. Stanislaus (Lansdale, PA)
- 1957 St. Edward the Confessor, (Philadelphia,PA)
- 1957-1961 Cardinal Dougherty High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1961-1962 St. Bridget (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1962-1966 St. Henry (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1966-1967 Glastonbury Monastery (MA outside the Philadelphia Archdiocese)
- 1967-1968 St. John the Evangelist (Morrisville, PA)
- 1968 St. George, Phila
- 1968-1978 Roman Catholic High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1978-1981 St. Henry (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1981-1983 St. Isaac Jogues (Wayne, PA)
- 1983-1984 Queen of Peace (Ardsley, PA)
Summary of Allegations Against Father Leonard Broughan:
According to 2005 grand jury report, Father Leonard Brennan was accused of abuse of 2 youths. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia was notified of such allegations in 1993 and 1995. According to records, in 1993 a Philadelphia Archdiocesan official told Monsignor McGroarty to have the complainants of whom he became aware contact the Philadelphia Archdiocese. In 1995 however, the Philadelphia Archdiocese required the second complaint be addressed with the Carmelites even though Father Broughan was working in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia when the abuse allegedly occurred in 1972.
Broughan died in 1998.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.