Father Michael A. Chapman
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Placed on leave: 2011
Assigned as follows:
- 1982-1986 Saint Bonaventure (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1983-1985 Little Flower High School
- 1986-1990 Saint Agnes (West Chester, PA)
- 1990-1991 Saint Henry (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1990-19994 The Hispanic Apostolate
- 1991-1992 Hispanic Ministry Coordinator for Montgomery County
- 1994-1999 Saint Veronica (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1999-2001 Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul
- 2001-2011 Ascension of Our Lord (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2011 Placed on administrative leave
Summary of Allegations Against Father Michael Chapman:
According to a statement released by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Father Michael Chapman was one of 21 priests placed on administrative leave in 2011, pending an investigation for credible allegations involving sexual abuse or inappropriate behavior with minors. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia stated that the 2011 allegations accusing him of violating standards of Ministerial Behavior and Boundaries were unsubstantiated. He was found suitable to return to ministry until new allegations arose in 2012, the abuse reportedly occurred approximately thirty years prior. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia immediately reported the new allegations to law enforcement and delayed Father Chapman’s return to the parish, he was returned to administrative leave. In 2013, the internal review board found him to be unsuitable for ministry and he was permanently barred from future ministry.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.