Father Brendan V. Sullivan
Diocese of Camden
Assigned as follows:
- 1960: St. Theresa, Runnemede, NJ
- 1960-1961: Queen of the Apostles, Pennsville, NJ
- 1961: St. Maurice, Brooklawn, NJ
- 1963-1965: St. Joan of Arc, Camden, NJ
- 1963-1965: Camden Catholic High School, NJ
- 1965-1976: Blessed Sacrament, Margate, NJ
- 1964-1978: Holy Spirit High School, Absecon, NJ
- 1976-1978: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Absecon, NJ
- 1978-1979: Our Lady of Grace, Somerdale, NJ
- 1979-1982: Assumption, Atco, NJ
- 1982-1987: St. Patrick, Woodbury, NJ
- 1987-2004: St. James, Ventnor, NJ
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Brendan V. Sullivan:
In 2010, a man accused Father Brendan V. Sullivan of sexually abusing him in 1981, when he was just 14 years old. Sullivan admitted to a reporter for The Press of Atlantic City that the incident occurred.
Sullivan claims that the abuse only happened once and that he knew the victim several years before it occurred, saying he played an advisory role to the boy.
Sullivan held several leadership roles in Catholic schools in the Diocese of Camden, including one as the Principal of Holy Spirit High School in Absecon from 1973 to 1978.
Sullivan’s name appears on the February 2019 list of credibly accused priests published by the Diocese of Camden. According to Bishop Sullivan, the list, “includes those who admitted to the abuse, those who were found guilty after a trial in the church courts or the civil courts, and others against whom the evidence was so overwhelming as to be virtually unquestionable.”
Sullivan died in 2011.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Camden. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Camden now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims, but filing deadlines apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com.