Father Brendan V. Sullivan
Diocese of Camden
Assigned as follows:
- 1960: St. Theresa, Runnemede
- 1960-1961: Queen of the Apostles, Pennsville
- 1961: St. Maurice, Brooklawn
- 1963-1965: St. Joan of Arc, Camden
- 1963-1965: Camden Catholic High School
- 1965-1976: Blessed Sacrament, Margate
- 1964-1978: at Holy Spirit High School
- 1976-1978: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Absecon
- 1978-1979: Our Lady of Grace, Somerdale
- 1979-1982: Assumption, Atco
- 1982-1987: St. Patrick, Woodbury
- 1987-2004: St. James, Ventnor
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Brendan V. Sullivan:
In 2010, a man accused Father Brendan V. Sullivan of sexually abusing him in 1981, when he was just 14 years old. While the Diocese of Camden has not been notified of any other allegations against the priest, Sullivan acknowledged to The Press of Atlantic City that the incident occurred.
Sullivan claims that the abuse only happened once and knew the victim several years before and afterward, saying he played an advisory role in the relationship.
Sullivan held several leadership roles in Catholic schools in the Diocese of Camden, including one as the Principal of Holy Spirit High School in Absecon from 1973 to 1978.
Sullivan passed away in 2010, but his exact burial location is unknown.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Camden. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Camden now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims, but filing deadlines apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com.