Father Daniel J. Hoy
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Removed from ministry: 2011
Assigned as follows:
- 1948-1951 St. Joseph (Downington, PA)
- 1951-1957 St. Christopher (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1951-1957 Philadelphia State Hospital (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1957-1964 Old St. Mary (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1964-1969 St. Joseph (Collingdale, PA)
- 1969-1972 Most Blessed Sacrament (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1972-1977 Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Morton, PA)
- 1977-1982 St. Peter (Honey Brook, PA)
- 1982-1991 St. Leo (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1991-2011 Our Lady of the Assumption (Strafford, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Daniel Hoy:
Father Daniel Hoy was one of 21 priests placed on administrative leave by Cardinal Justin Rigali after the second grand jury report indicated that more than 30 priests still in active ministry had been accused of sexual abuse of minors.
No details have been made public about the nature or context of the allegation(s) involving Hoy. The date the Archdiocese of Philadelphia became aware of the allegation(s) is also not clear.
Hoy died not long after his suspension, and, as such, the Archdiocese’s internal review board suspended the investigation of the allegation(s) against him and made no determination if the allegation(s) is/are credible. Therefore, his name does not appear on any of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s lists of credibly accused priests.
Hoy died in 2011.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.