Father Edward P. Kuczynski
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Named in civil lawsuit: 2006
Assigned as follows:
- 1977-1982 St. Adalbert (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1982-1983 St. Mary (Conshohocken, PA)
- 1983-1984 St. John Cantius (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1984-1987 Our Lady Help of Christians (Abington, PA)
- 1987-1989 St. Josaphat (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1989-1990 St. Cecilia (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1990-1995 St. Hedwig (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1991-1992 Philadelphia Community College
- 1994-2006 St. Peter (Pottstown, PA)
- 2006-2009 St. Philip Neri (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2007-2009 St. Monica Manor (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2009-2011 St. Charles Borromeo (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2018-present St. Philip Neri (Philadelphia, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Kuczynski:
Father Edward Kuczynski was named in a 2006 civil lawsuit that alleged he sexually abused a young boy at St. Peter grammar school from 2002-2005. According to the suit, the boy told the school principal about the abuse, and she dismissed him by telling him nothing happened. The suit says that the abuse continued until the boy’s mother removed him from the school.
The incidents were reported to police, who did not charge Kuczynski with any crimes.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia conducted a cursory interview into the allegations and determined that they were not credible. Kuczynski was deemed suitable for a return to ministry.
Kuczynski remains in active ministry in Philadelphia as pastor of St. Philip Neri parish.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.