Fr. Frederick R. Bradel – Diocese of Harrisburg
Assigned as follows:
- York Catholic High School (York, PA)
- Lancaster Catholic High School (Lancaster, PA)
- Trinity High School (Camp Hill, PA)
- Bishop McDevitt High School (Harrisburg, PA)
- Assumption BVM (Lebanon, PA)
- Seven Sorrows BVM (Middletown, PA)
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Mount Carmel, PA)
- Holy Spirit (Palmyra, PA)
- Our Lady of the Visitation (Shippensburg, PA)
- St. Joseph (York, PA)
- Immaculate Heart of Mary (Abbottstown, PA)
- Good Shepherd (Camp Hill, PA)
- St. Patrick (Carlisle, PA)
- Holy Family (Harrisburg, PA)
Summary of Allegations Against Fr. Frederick Bradel:
Fr. Frederick Bradel is not discussed in the August 2018 grand jury report, so very little has been disclosed publicly regarding the allegation(s) against him.
His name first appeared on the Diocese of Harrisburg’s August 2018 list of accused priests. According to the Diocese, Bradel was first accused of abuse after his death in 1997.
In mid-August 2018, author Patricia McCormick authored an op-ed in the New York Times entitled, “What Father Bradel Did to Me.” In it, she eloquently outlines not only the context of how priest abuse occurs in “good Catholic families,” but the inappropriate contact she endured by Fr. Bradel as a teenage girl while the priest was assigned to Good Shepherd parish in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. It is unclear is she the victim who made the allegation noted on the Diocese of Harrisburg’s August 2018 list, as she did attempt to contact hte Diocese several years ago, or if that refers to a second victim.
Bradel died in 1997.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Harrisburg. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Harrisburg now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.