Father James J. Kane – Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 1944 St. John (South Waverly, PA)
- 1944-1945 St. Basil (Dushore, PA)
- 1945-1947 St. Ann (Tobyhanna, PA)
- 1947-1949 St. Mary Help of Christians (Pittston, PA)
- 1949-1963 St. Joseph (Minooka, PA)
- 1963-1975 St. John (South Waverly, PA)
- 1975 St. Mary (Avoca, PA)
- 1976-1985 St. Rose of Lima (Carbondale, PA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father James J. Kane:
Father James J. Kane was not identified or discussed in the 2018 grand jury report but his name did appear on the August 2018 list of credibly accused priests published by the Diocese of Scranton. Unfortunately, no information was provided as to the gender/age of the victim(s) nor the date(s) the abuse is alleged to have occurred. However, it does mean that the allegation(s) was found to be credible by the Diocese of Scranton’s internal Review Board.
Kane died in 1985. It appears he was a priest in good standing at the time of his death.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.