Fr. John Dzurko – Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 1932 St. Joseph (Matamoras, PA)
- 1932 St. Mary (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1932-1934 St. Patrick (White Haven, PA)
- 1934 St. Mary (Lackawaxen, PA)
- 1934-1938 Holy Trinity (Hazleton, PA)
- 1938-1943 St. Michael (Forest City, PA)
- 1943-1959 Holy Trinity (Simpson, PA)
- 1959-1970 St. Joseph (Nanticoke, PA)
- 1970-1979 St. Joseph (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1979-1991 Pastor Emeritus, St. Joseph (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Fr. John Dzurko:
In 2005, the Diocese of Scranton received a complaint from a woman who alleged that she was molested by Fr. John Dzurko in 1957 when she was 11 years old. No information was offered by the grand jury beyond that.
Dzurko’s name appears on the Diocese of Scranton’s August 2018 list of credibly accused priests.
Dzurko died in 1991.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.