Fr. Raymond Dougherty – Diocese of Harrisburg
Died: approx. 1982
Assigned as follows:
- St. Joseph (Dallastown, PA)
- Immaculate Heart of Mary (Paradise Township, PA)
- St. Patrick (York, PA)
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Our Lady of Mercy (Catawissa, PA)
- Corpus Christi (Chambersburg, PA)
- St. Peter (Columbia, PA)
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral (Harrisburg, PA)
- Harrisburg Hospital
- Sacred Heart of Jesus (Lancaster, PA)
- St. Joseph (Milton, PA)
- St. Peter (Mt. Carmel, PA)
- St. Ignatius (Mt. Carmel, PA)
- St. Theresa (New Cumberland, PA)
Summary of Allegations against Fr. Raymond Dougherty:
Fr. Raymond Dougherty was not identified or discussed in the August 2018 grand jury report. His name first appeared publicly on the Diocese of Harrisburg’s August 2018 list of accused priests. Unfortunately, that list provided almost no information about the allegation(s) against Dougherty.
According to the Diocese of Harrisburg, Dougherty was the subject of two allegations of abuse following his death.
Dougherty is believed to have died in 1982 while assigned to St. Theresa in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Harrisburg. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Harrisburg now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.