Father Steven Marinucci
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Assigned as follows:
- 1974-1978 St. Bernard (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1975-1979 St. Hubert High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1978-1983 St. Bartholomew (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1983-1985 Our Lady of Fatima (Bensalem, PA)
- 1985-1990 St. John the Evangelist (Morrisville, PA)
- 1990-2000 St. Charles Borromeo Seminary (Wynnewood, PA)
- 2000-2001 St. Clement (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2001-2010 St. Agatha/St. James (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2010-2019 St. Matthew (Philadelphia, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Steven Marinucci:
In January 2019, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia received an allegation that Fr. Steven Marinucci sexually abused a minor child (whose age and gender were not released) during the 1970s, while he was assigned to St. Hubert’s High School for Girls and living at St. Bernard and St. Bartholomew.
On February 3, 2019, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia announced that it had suspended Marinucci pending a law enforcement investigation of the allegations. Assuming that the Archdiocese follows its internal policies in such matters, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia will conduct its own internal investigation at the same time.
Marinucci is now 71 years old. He has been an associate pastor at St. Matthew parish in Philadelphia since 2010. Prior to that period, he worked from 2001 to 2010 at St. Agatha-St. James Parish, which serves University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University students. He will remain suspended from active ministry pending the law enforcement and internal investigations.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.