Fr. William Shields
Diocese of Allentown (Pennsylvania)
Assigned as follows:
- 1958-1960 St. Ambrose (Schuylkill Haven, PA)
- 1960-1962 St. John the Baptist de la Salle (Shillington, PA)
- 1962 St. Mary (Hamburg, PA)
- 1962-1964 Annunciation B.V.M. (Shenandoah, PA)
- 1964-1967 Director, Bishop’s Relief (Schuylkill County)
- 1967-1968 St. Paul (Allentown, PA)
- 1968-1969 St. Lawrence (Catasauqua, PA)
- 1969-1972 St. Ann (Lansford, PA)
- 1972-1974 St. Peter (Reading, PA)
- 1974-1995 St. Nicholas (Weatherly, PA)
- 1995-2000 Pastor Emeritus- St. Nicholas (Weatherly, PA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father William Shields:
In 2002, a man reported to the Diocese of Allentown that he was sexually abused by Fr. WIlliam Shields at St. Ann’s in Lansford when he was about 12 or 13 years old. Under the guise of giving the boy a massage as thanks for helping out at a parish picnic, Shields fondled the terrified boy. He immediately told his mother and a parish deacon. Three months later, Shields told the parish that he was being transferred, and the victim believes it was related to his report.
In 2004, another man came to the Diocese of Allentown to report that he too had been abused at St. Ann’s parish.
Shields died in 2000 as a priest in good standing.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Allentown. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Allentown may have legal options against the Diocese of Allentown.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.