Fr. William T. Haviland – Diocese of Harrisburg
Assigned as follows:
- Queen of the Most Holy Rosary (Elysburg, PA)
- St. Francis Xavier (Gettysburg, PA)
- Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament (Harrisburg, PA)
- Bishop McDevitt High School (Harrisburg, PA)
- Geisinger Medical Center (Danville, PA)
- Assumption BVM (Lancaster, PA)
- Assumption BVM/Our Lady of Fatima (Lebanon, PA)
- Sacred Heart of Jesus (Lewisburg, PA)
- Annunciation BVM (McSherrystown, PA)
- Mother Cabrini/St. Edward the Confessor (Shamokin, PA)
- Holy Rosary Restoration Center (South Mountain, PA)
- Prince of Peace/St. Peter the Apostle (Steelton, PA)
- St. Joseph (York, PA)
Summary of Allegations against Fr. William Haviland:
Fr. William Haviland was not identified or discussed in the August 2018 grand jury report. His name appeared on the Diocese of Harrisburg’s list of accused priests, but, unfortunately, the information offered relating to the allegations is very limited.
According to the Diocese of Harrisburg’s list of accused priests, Haviland has been the subject of at least two allegations of abuse. Specifically, it stated, “[i]n life, Fr. Haviland was accused of sexual abuse of a child. After his death, in another accusation, Fr. Haviland was accused of sexual abuse of a child by the survivor.” No additional details were offered regarding the gender or ages of the victims, when the reports were made, or the context/details of the abuse.
Haviland died in 2017.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Harrisburg. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Harrisburg now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.