Msgr. Edward Sacks
Diocese of Allentown (Pennsylvania)
Removed Sept. 2018
Assigned as follows:
- 1964-1965 St. John the Baptist (Pottsville, PA)
- 1965-1968 St. Elizabeth (Pen Argyl, PA)
- 1968-1969 Immaculate Conception (Birdsboro, PA)
- 1969-1972 St. Mary of the Assumption (Coaldale, PA)
- 1972-1973 S. Joseph (Summit Hill, PA)
- 1973-1974 Sacred Heart (New Philadelphia, PA)
- 1974-1977 St. John (Shillington, PA)
- 1977-1979 Sacred Heart Convent (Reading, PA)
- 1979-1981 St. Stephen of Hungary (Allentown, PA)
- 1981-1983 Annunciation B.V.M. (Catasauqua, PA)
- 1983-1985 St. Margaret (Reading, PA)
- 1985-1988 Our Lady Help of Christians (Allentown, PA)
- 1989 Not listed in Official Catholic Directory
- 1990-2018 Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Bethlehem, PA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Sacks:
Sacks does not appear on the Diocese of Allentown’s August 2018 list of credibly accused priests. He is not discussed in the grand jury report.
Sacks remained in active ministry until his removal in September 2018 following an allegation that he abused a student at Holy Name High School during his assignment there. Sacks denied the allegation, calling it a case of mistaken identity.
According to media reports, Sacks worked at multiple Diocese of Allentown high schools, including Holy Name High School, where the abuse is alleged to have taken place. The Official Catholic Directory lists no high school assignments, meaning that the Diocese of Allentown never reported them as formal assignments.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Allentown. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Allentown may have legal options against the Diocese of Allentown.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.