Father Roy Drake, s.j.
Diocese of Rochester/Jesuits
Assigned as follows:
- 1963-1964: Seismologist at Weston Observatory; Weston, MA
- 1964-1965: Jesuit Tertianship at Manresa Hall; Port Townsend, WA
- 1965-1971: Fordham Preparatory School; Bronx, NY
- 1966-1970: Assistant Director of Seismic Observatory at Fordham University; Bronx, NY
- 1969-1971: Oceanography Graduate Student at New York University; Manhattan, NY
- 1971-1977: Graduate Student at University of Maine; Orono, ME
- 1974-1977: Teacher and Project Director at Maine Maritime Academy; Castine, ME
- 1977-1978: Assignment unknown; Rodney, MI
Listed in diocesan pages of Directory at Rt. 1, Box 82, Hillview Lake [Dr.], Rodney MI
- 1978-1979: Jesuits at Le Moyne; Syracuse, NY
- 1979-1980: Leonard Neale House; Washington, D.C.
- 1980-1984: Prefect of Dolan Hall at John Carroll University; Cleveland, OH
- 1984-1986: Whereabouts unknown, not listed in Catholic Directories
- 1986-1993: Le Moyne College; Syracuse, NY
- 1987-1988: Associate Academic Dean
- 1988-1993: Director of Institutional Research
- 1993: Member of Board of Directors at Gobind Sadan; Palermo, NY
- 1993-1994: Administrator at Christ the King Retreat House; Syracuse, NY
- 1994-2006: Murray-Weigel Hall; New York City, NY
- 2003-2004: Faculty at Center for Spiritual Development; Rye, NY
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Roy Drake:
In 2005, Father Roy Drake was accused of raping and sodomizing a 13-year-old boy in 1969, while assigned to Fordham Prep in the Archdiocese of New York. The alleged assault occurred on an overnight stay before a ski trip.
Additionally, Drake was accused in 2014 of sexually abusing a 16-year-old boy in 1974 while Drake worked at Maine Maritime Academy, located in the Portland, Maine diocese.
Drake bounced around the country within his order and was also assigned in the Dioceses of Boston, Seattle, Grand Rapids or Saginaw, Syracuse, Washington, and Cleveland.
In 2006, after the first allegations of abuse came to light, Drake became a patient at the Vianney Renewal Center in Dittmer, Mississouri. Vianney Renewal Center is a sexual abuse treatment center, operated by the Servants of the Paraclete and Drake was a resident there until his death in 2008.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims of sexual abuse in the Diocese of Rochester. The Diocese of Rochester in New York filed for bankruptcy protection in 2019. Our lawyers are now offering free legal consultations to discuss a potential lawsuit and your other options as a survivor of sexual abuse by priests and other employees of the Rochester Diocese.
Very strict filing deadlines have now been set by the Bankruptcy Court. Most victims of abuse will never be able to recover damages if they miss this deadline, so please contact us to discuss your case today. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.