Father Albert (Alberto) Mengon
Diocese of Monterey/Salesians
- 1966-1967 Bishop Mora Salesian High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1967-1976 Salesian High School (Richmond, CA)
- 1976-1979 Francis Junior High School (Watsonville, CA)
- 1979-1984 Salesian High School (Richmond, CA)
- 1984-1986 Bishop Mora Salesian High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1986-1989 Francis Youth Center (Watsonville, CA)
- 1989-1991 Salesian High School (Richmond, CA)
- 1991-2008 Salesians of Don Bosco, Foreign Missions/St. Augustine’s School (Lungi, Sierra Leone, West Africa)
- 2008-2011 Francis Youth Center (Watsonville, CA)
- 2001-2011 Our Lady Help of Christians (Watsonville, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Albert Mengon:
In 2006, Fr. Albert Mengon was named and accused in two depositions of having sexually abused boys between the ages 9-14 at St. Francis Youth Center in Watsonville, California. The youth center where Fr. Albert Mengon was assigned to and abused the youth was a private Salesian summer camp for boys in Watsonville, California.
As of 2011, Fr. Albert Mengon remains an active priest.
In 2019, Fr. Albert Mengon was included on a list of priests in the Diocese of Monterey who was named as being “credibly accused” of child sex abuse.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Monterey in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Monterey now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Monterey, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.