Father Albert (Alberto) Mengon
Diocese of Monterey/Salesians
- 1966-1967: Bishop Mora Salesian High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1967-1976: Salesian High School (Richmond, CA)
- 1976-1979: Francis Junior High School (Watsonville, CA)
- 1979-1984: Salesian High School (Richmond, CA)
- 1984-1986: Bishop Mora Salesian High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1986-1989: Francis Youth Center (Watsonville, CA)
- 1989-1991: Salesian High School (Richmond, CA)
- 1991-2008: Salesians of Don Bosco, Foreign Missions/St. Augustine’s School (Lungi, Sierra Leone, West Africa)
- 2008-2011: Francis Youth Center (Watsonville, CA)
- 2001-2011: Our Lady Help of Christians (Watsonville, CA)
- 2012-2013: St. Francis Central Coast Catholic High School; St. Francis Youth Center; Our Lady Help of Christians; Salesians of St. John Bosco Saint Francis Salesian Community; Vicars Forane; Presbyteral Council; Diocesan Consultors
- 2013-2014: Unknown
- 2014-2017: SS Peter and Paul (CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Albert Mengon:
Fr. Albert Mengon was a priest in the Diocese of Monterey. According to media reports, in 2006, Fr. Albert Mengon was named and accused in two depositions of having sexually abused boys between the ages 9-14 at St. Francis Youth Center in Watsonville, California. The youth center where Fr. Albert Mengon was assigned to and abused the youth was a private Salesian summer camp for boys in Watsonville, California.
As of 2017, Fr. Albert Mengon remains an active priest. In 2019, Fr. Albert Mengon was included on the Diocese of Monterey’s 2019 List of Credibly Accused Clergy of Sexual Abuse.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Monterey in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Monterey now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Monterey, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.