Father Anthony J. Paone
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1939-1942 St. Peter’s Preparatory School (Newark, NJ)
- 1943-1945 Unknown
- 1946 College of the Sacred Heart (Woodstock, MD)
- 1947 St. Stanislaus Novitiate (Cleveland, OH)
- 1948-1974 Brooklyn Preparatory School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1973-1975 Cathedral College of the Immaculate Conception (Douglaston, NY)
- 1976-1981 Jogues Retreat (Cornwall, NY)
- 1982-1987 Unknown
- 1988-1990 Jesuit Community at Fordham University (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Anthony J. Paone:
Father Anthony J. Paone was ordained a Jesuit priest. According to media reports, in 2002, he was accused of sexually abusing a minor in approximately 1953 while he served at Brooklyn Preparatory School. After an investigation, the allegation was deemed to be credible.
Father Anthony J. Paone died in December 1990. In January 2019, his name was included on the Jesuit’s Northeast Province’s list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.”
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.