Father Anthony Slane
Diocese of Fresno (Redemptorist)
- 1943: Immaculate Conception Seminary (Oconomowoc, WI)
- 1944: Unknown
- 1945-1947: Holy Redeemer College (Oakland, CA)
- 1948- 1950: Villa San Clemente (Livermore, CA)
- 1951-1953: St. Gerard Majella (Great Falls, MT)
- 1954-1957: St. Alphonsus (Fresno, CA)
- 1958-1960: Villa San Clemente (Livermore, CA)
- 1961-1965: St. Alphonsus Liguori (San Leandro, CA)
- 1966: Holy Redeemer (Portland, OR)
- 1967: 3696 Clay St. (San Francisco, CA)
- 1968-1981: Gerad Majella (Great Falls, MT)
- 1982-1987: Our Lady of Good Help (Hoquiam, WA)
- 1988-2002: Sacred Heart of Jesus (Seattle, WA)
- 2003: Unknown
- 2004-2010: St. Clement Health Care Center (Ligouri, MO)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Anthony Slane:
Fr. Anthony Slane was ordained a Redemptorist priest in 1942, who served in the Diocese of Fresno. According to media reports, he was accused in a civil lawsuit of sexually abusing a child at St. Alphonsus Liguori in San Leandro, California, in the 1960s. No further details have been released.
Fr. Slane also worked in the Archdiocese of Seattle and has been included on the Archdiocese of Seattle’s List of Clergy and Religious Brothers and Sisters For Whom Allegations of a Minor Have Been Admitted, Establish or Determined to Be Credible. He was also listed on the Diocese of Oakland’s list in 2019.
Fr. Slane spent the last six years of his life in St. Clement Health Care Center in Ligouri, MO, and died in 2010 at the age of 94.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Fresno in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Fresno now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Fresno, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com to discuss your options today. You can also reach us toll-free at (888) 283-9922.