Father Bruce Maxwell
Diocese of Santa Rosa
- 1974-1975: St. Columban’s Parish (Birmingham, MI)
- 1975-1982: Mission Director (Hastings, NE)
- 1977-1982: Sacred Heart (Kenesaw, NE)
- 1983-1984: St. Cyprian’s (Riverview, MI)
- 1984-1986: Archdiocesan Computer Development Program (Detroit, MI)
- 1986-1989: Gabriel Richard High School (Riverview, MI)
- 1986-2004: Crosier Community of Riverview (Riverview, MI)
- 1987-1989: St. Cyprian’s (Riverview, MI)
- 1989-1992: U.S. Coast Guard Training Center (Petaluma, CA)
- 1990-1992: St. James (Petaluma, CA)
- 1992-1994: Naval Support Unit (Manama, Bahrain)
- 1994-1996: Destroyer Squadron 8 (Mayport, FL)
- 1996: Destroyer Squadron 14 (Mayport, FL)
- 1996-1998: Fleet Activities (Yokosuka, Japan)
- 1998-2001: Marine Corps Air Station (Jacksonville, N.C.)
- 2001-2002: Marines (Okinawa, Japan)
- 2002-2006: Crosier Community of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Bruce Maxwell:
Fr. Bruce Maxwell was ordained a Crosier priest in 1975, who served in multiple dioceses including in the Diocese of Santa Rosa. According to media reports, in 2019, he was named on the Archdiocese of Detroit’s list of “Clergy Credibly Accused of Abuse” in the section “Religious Order Priests,” as well as the Diocese of Santa Rosa’s “Diocese Responds to the Request for Transparency.” Maxwell was also named on lists of priests credibly accused of sexual abuse released by the Crosier Fathers & Brothers. According to this list, Fr. Maxwell was removed from ministry in 2002. The details of the child sexual abuse allegation, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, are unknown.
Maxwell died in 2006.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Santa Rosa in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Santa Rosa now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Santa Rosa, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.