Father Cornelius Leehan
Diocese of Fresno (Redemptorist)
- 1949-1950: St. Thomas (Coeur d’Alene, ID)
- 1951-1954: St. Alphonsus’ (Fresno, CA)
- 1955: Unknown
- 1956-1958: St. Alphonsus Ligouri (San Leandro, CA)
- 1959-1962: St. Gerard Majella (Great Falls, MT)
- 1963-1964: 307 E. Kearney Blvd. (Fresno, CA)
- 1965-1966: St. Alphonsus Ligouri (San Leandro, CA)
- 1967: St. Mary’s of the Assumption (Whittier, CA)
- 1968-1971: Sacred Heart of Jesus (Seattle, WA)
- 1972- 1975: Holy Redeemer (Portland, OR)
- 1976-1978: Retreat (Tucson, AZ)
- 1979-1981: Picture Rocks Retreat House (Tucson, AZ)
- 1982-1984: Center for Parish Missions (Oakland, CA)
- 1985-1986: House on the Way (Oakland, CA)
- 1987: Center for Parish Missions (Oakland, CA)
- 1988: Our Lady of Lourdes (San Francisco, CA)
- 1989: Center for Parish Missions (Oakland, CA)
- 1990-1996: Redemptorists (Oakland, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Cornelius Leehan:
Fr. Cornelius Leehan was ordained a priest of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer in 1948, who served in the Diocese of Fresno. According to media reports, in December 2003, he was accused in a civil lawsuit alleging sexual abuse by Fr. Leehan when the plaintiff was a young boy at St. Alphonsus Liguori in San Leandro, California. The victim also alleged that Fr. Leehan sexually abused him seven years later when he was reassigned to the parish. The survivor reportedly told his father, who told him to tell no one and to never speak about a priest that way.
Fr. Leehan died in 1996. He is named publicly on the Oakland Diocese’s list in 2019 of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Fresno in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Fresno now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Fresno, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com to discuss your options today. You can also reach us toll-free at (888) 283-9922.