Father Daniel Polizzi
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1970: St. Francis Solano (Sonoma, CA)
- 1971: Immaculate Conception (Colton, CA)
- 1972-1973: St. George (Ontario, CA)
- 1974: Sacred Heart (Ocean Beach) (San Diego, CA)
- 1975: St. Catherine Laboure (San Diego, CA)
- 1976: San Diego State University (San Diego, CA)
- 1977-1981: St. Catherine Laboure (San Diego, CA)
- 1982-1989: Special Assignment
- 1990: Our Lady of Refuge (Pacific Beach) (San Diego, CA)
- 1991-1993: On Duty Outside Diocese
- 1992: Christ the King (Kahului, HI)
- 1994: Unassigned
- 1995-1997: Scripps Hospital (San Diego, CA)
- 1995-1997: All Hallows Church (La Jolla, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Daniel Polizzi:
Father Daniel Polizzi was ordained a priest in the Diocese of Santa Rosa in 1969. In May 1970, he was transferred to the the Diocese of San Diego. According to media reports, in 1996, a hospital bound 16-year-old boy who dependent on a ventilator for several years and only able to communicate by using his eyes, managed to let hospital workers know he had been fondled by the priest. Scripps Memorial Hospital reported the incident to Child Protective Services, the Diocese of San Diego and the police. Father Polizzi denied the allegation. No criminal charges were pursued.
He was immediately suspended after being accused of the abuse in October 1996. Father Polizzi was permanently removed from ministry in 1997.
He died in 2003.
In March 2007, his name was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors, and on the Diocese of Santa Rosa’s list released in January 2019.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.