Father David King
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1943-1949: Marquette High School for Boys (Yakima, WA)
- 1949-1950: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1950-1952: Marquette High School for Boys (Yakima, WA)
- 1952-1953: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1953-1955: Marquette High School for Boys (Yakima, WA)
- 1955-1962: Seattle Prep. High School (Seattle, WA)
- 1962-1963: Novitiate of St. Francis Xavier (Sheridan, OR)
- 1963-1965: Bellarmine High School (Tacoma, WA)
- 1965-1993: Jesuit High School (Portland, OR)
- 1993-1997: Jesuit Provincial Office (Portland, OR)
- 1997-2002: Colombiere Jesuit Community (Portland, OR)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father David King:
Fr. David King was a priest of the Oregon Province, ordained in 1949. He served in multiple parishes in Washington, Oregon, as well as in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2004, he was accused in a lawsuit of sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy in the early 1950s in Yakima, Washington. The boy was a student at Marquette High School for Boys to which King was assigned. In 2006, the lawsuit was dismissed due to “lack of activity”.
In 2018, King was included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted allegations reported in 1999 and 2009 in reference to abuse that took place in 1966-1970 and 1968-1971. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
In 2019, King was included on the Diocese of Yakima list under religious order priests accused of abuse of minors during ministry under the Diocese.
King died in 2002.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.