Father Don Flickinger
Diocese of Santa Rosa
- 1965-1966: St. John Cathedral (Fresno, CA)
- 1966-1968: San Joaquin Memorial High School (Fresno, CA)
- 1968-1969: St. Helen (Fresno, CA)
- 1969-1970: San Joaquin Memorial High School (Fresno, CA)
- 1970-1972: St. Genevieve (Fresno, CA)
- 1972-1973: On duty outside the diocese
- 1973-1978: University of Santa Clara (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1980-1981: Xavier Hall, University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1981-1983: Mt. LaSalle Novitiate (Napa, CA)
- 1983-1984: Sacred Heart (San Francisco, CA)
- 1988-1990: Our Lady Star of the Sea (Santa Cruz, CA)
- 1991-1992: St. Paul (San Francisco, CA)
- 1992: Sacred Heart Church (Saratoga, CA)
- 1992-1995: Sacred Heart Church (Saratoga, CA)
- 1993-1994: Archbishop Mitty High School (San Jose, CA)
- 1995-2008: St. Francis Cabrini Church (San Jose, CA)
- 2008-2009: St. Paul (San Francisco, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Don Flickinger:
Fr. Don Flickinger was originally ordained in the Diocese of Fresno in 1964. He worked for two other dioceses throughout his career and served in multiple parishes including in the Diocese of Santa Rosa. According to media reports, a civil lawsuit was filed in 2011 alleging that Fr. Flickinger sexually abused a young boy at St. Paul Catholic Parish and School in the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
According to the suit, Flickinger had a history of sexual misconduct dating all the way back to the early 1970’s. The lawsuit also claims that all three dioceses that he worked for, (Fresno, San Jose and San Francisco) were all aware of Don Flickinger’s sexual misconduct but failed to take any action against it.
Two additional lawsuits related to child sex abuse also named Father Don Flickinger. All three lawsuits were settled in 2013. He was permanently banned from ministry in 2006, except for participation in funeral masses for other priests. Fr. Flickinger is publicly listed on San Jose Diocese’s 2018 and on Santa Rosa Diocese’s 2019 list of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Santa Rosa in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Santa Rosa now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Santa Rosa, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.