Father Donal Ward
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1963 Christ the King (Rutland, VT)
- 1963-1967 St. Mary (Middlebury, VT)
- 1967-1968 University of Notre Dame (post-grad studies) (South Bend, IN)
- 1968-1969 Mount St. Joseph Academy (Faculty) with residence at College of St. Joseph the Provider (Rutland, VT)
- 1969-1975 University of Notre Dame, (con’t studies) (South Bend, IN)
- 1976-1985 North American Martyrs (Marshfield, VT)
- 1985-1991 St. Monica (Barre, VT)
- 1991-2002 St. Peter (Vergennes, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Donal Ward:
Father Donal Ward served in Vermont for approximately 39 years. According to media reports, in May 2002, he was placed on leave after being identified as an active priest with past accusations of abuse of a minor.
In September 2002, the Attorney General referred to one priest being investigated who “groomed” a young man until he was 17 (legal age), then began a sexual relationship with him. Father Ward admitted to a consensual sexual relationship with a young adult male, but denied any grooming.
In October 2002, He resigned from St. Peter’s upon orders of Bishop Kenneth Angell, and his public priestly faculties were revoked. He died in 2018.
In August 2019, Father ‘s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.