Father Fr. Donald Bean
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1963-1965 San Miguel (Socorro, NM)
- 1965-1968 Queen of Heaven (Albuquerque, NM)
- 1968-1969 San Miguel (Socorro, NM)
- 1969 University of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, NM)
- 1970-1971 Our Lady of Seven Dolors (Fair Haven, VT)
- 1971-1975 Mount St. Joseph Academy (Rutland, VT)
- 1975 Incardinated in the Diocese of Burlington
- 1975 St. Jerome (East Dorset, VT)
- 1975-1979 St. Bridget (West Rutland, VT)
- 1979 St. Alphonsus (Pittsford, VT)
- 1980 Fair Haven, Our Lady of Seven Dolors
- 1980-1986 St. Jude (Hinesburg, VT)
- 1986-1994 St. Lawrence (Essex Junction,VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Donald Bean:
Father Donald Bean started his career as a priest of the Santa Fe archdiocese. He moved to the Diocese of Burlington in 1970, where he was incardinated in 1975. He retired in 1994 due to poor health. He died in 2005.
According to media reports, in September 2017, he was first identified publicly as accused by the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. In August 2019, his name was included on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.