Fr. Edward Gallagher
Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 1946-1947: St. Ignatius (Kingston, PA)
- 1947-1949: St. Ann (Tobyhanna, PA)
- 1949-1950: St. Anthony of Padua (Dunmore, PA)
- 1950-1955: Holy Name (Swoyersville, PA)
- 1955-1967: St. Peter’s Cathedral (Scranton, PA)
- 1967-1979: St. Joachim (Meshoppen, PA)
- 1979-1982: St. Ann (Freeland, PA)
- 1982-1992: St. Patrick (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1992: Named Pastor Emeritus, St. Patrick (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Edward Gallagher:
Fr. Edward Gallagher was ordained to the priesthood in 1946. He served in multiple parishes including in the Diocese of Scranton. According to media reports, he was not identified or discussed in the 2018 PA Grand Jury Report but his name did appear on the August 2018 list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. No information was provided as to the gender/age of the victim(s) nor the date(s) the abuse is alleged to have occurred. However, it does mean that the allegation(s) was found to be credible by the Diocese of Scranton’s internal Review Board.
Fr. Edward Gallagher died as a priest in good standing in 2001.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.