Father Edward Sheehy
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1953-1955 Park Street Center (Boston, MA)
- 1955-1957: Old St. Mary’s Cathedral (San Francisco, CA)
- 1957-1959: Missions
- 1958-1962: Blessed Sacrament Church (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- 1962-1963: In Residence (Sick Leave) (San Francisco, CA)
- 1963-1964: Missions (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1964-1968: St. Paul the Apostle (New York, NY)
- 1968-1969: St. Peter’s Minor Seminary (Baltimore, MD)
- 1969-1984: St. Paul the Apostle (New York, NY)
- 1984-1988: Senior Ministry Status (New York, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Augustine Sheehy:
Father Edward Sheehy was originally ordained in the Diocese of Portland in 1940. He joined the Paulists in 1950, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Diego. According to media reports, in March 2019, he was named publicly as a child sexual abuser by the Paulist order. The allegations of abuse in San Diego between 1955 and 1957 were received in 2003.
His name has also been included on the Baltimore Archdiocese’s 2019 list of credibly accused priests. No further information has been released about the allegations against or the number of victims found.
Father Edward Sheehy died in 1988.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.