Father Edward Stretch
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1932-1935: St. Ignatius High School (San Francisco, CA)
- 1935-1939: Alma College (Los Altos, CA)
- 1939-1940: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WAS)
- 1940-1942: Bellarmine Preparatory (San Jose, CA)
- 1942-1946: U.S. Army Chaplain
- 1946-1952: Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1952-1953: Our Lady of Sorrows Church (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1953-1954: Loyola University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1954-1970: Bellarmine Preparatory (San Jose, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Stretch:
Fr. Edward Stretch was ordained to the priesthood and served in multiple parishes in San Francisco, Santa Clara, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, and in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2018, his name was included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted a 2012 report of sexual abuse of a minor with a notation “TBD” regarding the year the abuse took place. Information about the age, gender or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Fr. Stretch died in 1970.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.