Father Edward Stretch
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Jesuits)
Assigned as follows:
- 1932- 1935: St. Ignatius High School (San Francisco, CA)
- 1935- 1939: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1939- 1940: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA )
- 1940- 1942: Bellarmine Prep (San Jose, CA)
- 1942- 1946: U.S. Army Chaplain
- 1946- 1952: Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1952- 1953: Our Lady of Sorrows Church (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1953- 1954: Loyola University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1954- 1970: Bellarmine Prep (San Jose, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Stretch:
Father Edward Stretch was a Jesuit priest who worked in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Clara, and Santa Barbara in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in December 2018, he was named publicly as accused by the Jesuits West Province on its list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted an allegation of abuse was reported in 2012. No further information regarding the allegation including age/gender of the victims, or the priest’s assignment at the time of the alleged abuse was disclosed.
Father Stretch died in May 1970.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.