Father Emile W. Savary
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1954-1955 St. Theresa (Orleans, VT)
- 1955-1959 St. Mary Star of the Sea (Newport, VT)
- 1959 Cathedral (Burlington, VT)
- 1959-1961 All Saints (Richford, VT)
- 1961-1962 St. Joseph Orphanage and Vermont Catholic Charities (Burlington, VT)
- 1962-1965 St. John Vianney (South Burlington, VT)
- 1965-1966 Underhill Center St. Thomas, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Emile W. Savary:
Father Emile W. Savary served as a priest in Vermont for approximately 12 years. He died in 1966. According to media reports, in August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted that the allegation was first received in 1996.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.