Father Ernest Faggioni (Fagione)
Diocese of Paterson
Assigned as follows:
- 1948-1949 Unknown
- 1950 Salesian High School Residence (New Rochelle, NY)
- 1951-1959 Hope Haven (Marrero, LA)
- 1960-1961 Don Bosco Technical School (Paterson, NJ)
- 1962-1963 Don Bosco Juniorate (West Haverstraw, NY)
- 1964-1966 Hope Haven (Marrero, LA)
- 1967-1974 Archbishop Shaw High School (Marrero, LA)
- 1975-1979 Salesian Prep School (Cedar Lake, IN)
- 1980 Salesian Monastery (Cedar Lake, IN)
- 1981-1982 Don Bosco Technical High School (Paterson, NJ)
- 1983-1988 Unknown
- 1989-1992 St. John Bosco (Harvey, LA)
- 1993 Unknown
- 1994-2000 St. John Bosco (Harvey, LA)
- 2001-2002 Salesian High School (New Rochelle, NY)
- 2002 Salesian Provincial House (New Rochelle, NY)
- 2003-2004 Unknown
- 2005-2006 Mary Help of Christians School (Tampa, FL)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Ernest Faggioni:
Father Ernest Faggioni (Fagione) was a priest of the Salesians Order. He spent most of his life in the New Orleans area, serving at different times as a teacher, principal or treasurer at Hope Haven, a boarding school in Marrero for boys who were orphaned or whose families could not afford to raise them. He died in June 2006.
According to media reports, in Fall 2009, at least one claim was included in the almost $5.2 million settlement with the Archdiocese of New Orleans. An undisclosed number of adults had claimed that years earlier as children they were beaten, berated and sexually molested at two Catholic orphanages. The suits were filed beginning in 2005. One plaintiff’s attorney said the church tried to suppress evidence of abuse at the institutions.
“We’ve had to fight the church tooth and nail for more than four years to get it to acknowledge wrongdoing,” he said.
In November 2018, Father Faggioni’s name was included on the Archdiocese of New Orleans’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted that the allegation of child sexual abuse in the 1950s and 1960s was reported in 2006.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Paterson. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Paterson, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Paterson now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.