Father Federick G. Fingerle
Diocese of Buffalo
Assigned as follows:
- 1964 St. John of the Cross (Whitesville, NY)
- 1965-1967 St. Timothy (Tonawanda, NY)
- 1968-1969 Most Precious Blood (Angola, NY)
- 1970-1971 All Saints (Buffalo, NY)
- 1972-1977 Most Precious Blood (Angola, NY)
- 1978 St. John the Evangelist (Buffalo, NY)
- 1979-1982 St. Mary of the Lake (Mt. Vernon-on-the-Lake, NY)
- 1983 St. Mary of the Lake (Hamburg, NY)
- 1984-1989 St. John of the Cross (Whitesville, NY)
- 1990-2002 Blessed Sacrament (Andover, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Federick G. Fingerle:
Father Federick G. Fingerle was the only priest at both St. John’s in Whitesville and Blessed Sacrament in Andover from 1984 through 2002. He died in January 2002.
In March 2018, Father Fingerle’s name was included in the Diocese of Buffalo’s list of priests who “were removed from ministry, were retired, or left ministry after allegations of sexual abuse of a minor.” No information regarding the allegations was disclosed, however, the list includes deceased priests only if they have more than one allegation.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Buffalo. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Buffalo, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Buffalo now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.