Father Francis Bourbon
Diocese of Scranton (Jesuit)
Assigned as follows:
- 1959 – 1968: Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- 1968 – 1969: Georgetown Preparatory School, N. Bethesda, MD
- 1969 – 1977: Scranton Preparatory School, Scranton, PA
- 1977 – 1978: Immaculate Conception Parish, New Orleans, LA
- 1978 – 1981: Scranton Preparatory School, Scranton, PA
- 1981 – 1982: Immaculate Heart Church, High Point, NC
- 1982 – 1984: St. Barnabas Church, Arden, NC
- 1985 – 1986: Nativity Parish, Buckingham, VA
- 1986 – 1988: Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- 1988 – 1992: St. Jane Frances de Chantal Church, Riviera Beach, MD
- 1992 – 1993: Wheeling Jesuit University, Wheeling, WV
- 1993 – 1994: St. Paul’s Church, Weirton, WV
- 1994 – 1996: Nativity of Our Lord Church, Wayne, WV
- 1996 – 2003: Wheeling Jesuit University, Wheeling, WV
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Francis Bourbon:
According to media reports, Father Francis Bourbon is accused of a single allegation of an unwanted kiss that took place in Buckingham, Virginia. The estimated time of abuse is 1985 and it is unclear whether the victim is male or female, and what age the victim was at the time of the unwanted affection.
Though the allegation seems to have been reported at the time of the interaction, there does not appear to have been any action taken against Bourbon during his time with the church
Bourbon’s name was included on multiple dioceses lists of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse including the Jesuits Maryland Province List, Diocese of Scranton List, Diocese of Richmond List, and the Diocese of Charlotte List.
He died in 2007 in Granite, Maryland.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.