Father George Gunst
Diocese of Orange
Assigned as follows:
- 1951-1952 St. Leo (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1953-1954 St. Michael (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1955-1960 Nativity Catholic Church (El Monte, CA)
- 1961-1963 Resurrection Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1964-1964 St. Anne (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1965-1965 St. Alphonsus (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1966-1967 St. Charles Borromeo (North Hollywood, CA)
- 1968-1969 U.S. Armed Forces
- 1969 St. Anne (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1970-1971 St. John the Baptist (Baldwin Park, CA)
- 1972-1972 Sacred Heart (Pomona, CA)
- 1973-1974 St. Linus (Norwalk, CA)
- 1975-1978 St. Kevin (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1979-1990 U.S. Armed Forces
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father George Gunst:
Father George Gunst was ordained a priest in 1950, who served in the Diocese of Orange. According to media reports, in 2003, he was named in a lawsuit accusing him of child sexual abuse. He allegedly sexually abused a girl in 1955 while working at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church and Nativity Catholic Church in El Monte. He retired in 1991 and died in May 1995. He was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Orange in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Orange now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.