Father George Neville Rucker
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Assigned as follows:
- 1946 Sacred Heart (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1946-1950 St. Alphonsus (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1951-1954 St. Basil (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1955-1958 Mary Star of the Sea; Mary Star of the Sea High School (San Pedro, CA)
- 1959-1960 St. Mary Magdalen (Camarillo, CA)
- 1961 Sick Leave
- 1962-1966 St. Anthony (El Segundo, CA)
- 1967 St. Teresa of Avila (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1968 Holy Trinity (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1968-1969 Holy Cross (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1970-1978 St. Agatha (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1979-1986 Corpus Christi (Pacific Palisades, CA)
- 1987 Retired
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father George Neville Rucker:
Father George Neville Rucker had a record of child sexual abuse that began shortly after his ordination to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in 1946. According to media reports, at least 38 survivors have come forward alleging abuse by the priest, between 1947 and 1980. He is ranked #1 on the Archdiocese’s list of top 10 abusers. Police first investigated allegations against him in 1967. The first child sexual abuse lawsuit filed against him was in 1994.
Father Rucker was arrested in 2002 on child sexual abuse charges involving 12 girls. Criminal charges were later dropped due to the expiration of the statute of limitations. In 2006, some of the claims were settled as part of a $60 million settlement involving 22 priests. Other claims were settled in a 2007 $660 million settlement.
Father Rucker was laicized in 2008. His name appeared on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. His personnel file was released in 2013. It is believed he died in 2014.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.