Fr. Girard Angelo
Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 6/1955 – 10/1955: St. Matthew’s (East Stroudsburg, PA)
- 10/1955 – 9/1959: St. Thomas (Archbald, PA)
- 9/1959 – 9/1962: St. Lucy (Scranton, PA)
- 9/1962 – 7/1963: St. Francis (Scranton, PA)
- 7/1963 – 9/1967: Mater Delorosa (Williamsport, PA)
- 9/1967 – 3/1972: Our Lady of Grace (Hazleton, PA)
- 3/1972 – 7/2003: St. Raphael (Harleigh, PA); Bishop Hafey High School (Hazleton, PA)
- 7/2003: Sacred Heart of Jesus (Harleigh, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Girard Angelo:
In September 2002, the Bishop of Scranton, James C. Timlin, received a letter from a man who reported he had been sexually abused by Angelo when he was a 14-year-old at Mater Delorosa parish in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, in the early 1960s. Angelo denied any sexual abuse had occurred.
The Bishop reportedly told the victim, who expressed that he did not want to have to sue the Diocese of Scranton, that the allegations would be brought to the attention of the Lycoming County District Attorney’s Office even though the statute of limitations appeared to have expired under Pennsylvania law.
Fr. Girard Angelo was first named publicly as accused in the 2018 PA Grand Jury Report.
He died in 2009.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.