Father Gregory Kareta
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Assigned as follows:
- 1957 Unknown
- 1958-1963 St. Hedwig’s, Detroit, MI
- 1963-1964 Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hermosa Beach, CA
- 1964-1965 St. Josephat’s, Milwaukee, WI
- 1966-1971 Bishop Montgomery High School, Torrance, CA
- 1971-1978 St. Paul the Apostle, Pismo Beach, CA
- 1978-1979 Queen of Angels, Riverside, CA
- 1979-1980 St. Joseph’s, Barstow, CA
- 1980-1981 Queen of Angels, Riverside, CA
- 1981-1982 Our Lady of Guadalupe, Riverside, CA
- 1983 Unknown
- 1984-1996 St. Paul the Apostle, Coalinga, CA
- 1996-2002 St. Joseph’s, Avenal, CA
- 2003 Retired (St. Joseph Cupertine Friary (Arroyo Grande, CA)
- 2004-2005 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Gregory Kareta:
Father Gregory Kareta was a Conventual Franciscan priest. According to media reports, in 1985, he reportedly admitted that he sexually abused a child. Despite this, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles allowed him to remain in ministry. In 2002, he was criminally charged after being arrested for lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14. The charges were dropped in 2003. Later in 2003, he was accused of sexually abusing an 11-year-old boy from 1973 to 1974 in the Diocese of Monterey. Father Kareta retired in 2003 and died in 2006. His name appeared on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.