Father H. Cornell Bradley
Diocese of Charlotte (Jesuit Order)
Removed: 1993, 2006
Assigned as Follows:
- 1962-1965 Gonzaga College High School (Washington D.C.)
- ? – 1969 DeNobili School (Dhanbad, India)
- 1969-1970 Georgetown University (Washington D.C.)
- 1970-1976 Holy Trinity (Washington D. C.)
- 1971-1976 Gonzaga College High School (Washington D.C.)
- 1977 Not indexed
- 1977-1979 Gonzaga College High School (Washington D.C.)
- 1979-1981 Loyola College (Baltimore, MD)
- 1981-1983 Jesuit Fathers and Brothers Maryland Provincial Curia (Baltimore, MD)
- 1983-1989 Jesuit Ferdinand Wheeler House Church (Baltimore, MD)
- 1989-1993 St. Elizabeth’s (Boone, NC)
- 1989-1990 St. Helen’s (Spencer Mountain, NC)
- 1990-1993 Epiphany (Blowing Rock, NC)
- 1993-1995 Jesuit Community (Charlotte, NC)
- 1995-2006 St. Joseph’s University (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2006-2007 Jesuit Center- Jesuit Community (Wernersville, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father H. Cornell Bradley:
In 1993, Father H. Cornell Bradley was removed from ministry after accusations surfaced that he had engaged in “sexual misconduct” with three people, including two 15-year old boys and a woman. He was simply sent to a treatment center and returned to ministry in 1995.
In 2006, Bradley was again accused, but this time of sexual misconduct with an adult male during the early 1980’s. After this, four more credible accusations involving minors and adults over the course of three decades soon followed. He was again removed from ministry.
Five more victims came forward after his removal with several reports that Bradley had engaged in sexual misconduct with minors in the 1960’s and 70’s at Gonzaga College High School. Other victims complained that he had made inappropriate sexual comments involving students and other staff members at St. Joseph’s University where he worked until his removal in 2006. In 2007, it was reported that Bradley is living under supervision in a Jesuit community on the East Coast. No criminal charges have been filed against him or the Jesuit Order. His name does appear on Jesuits’ Maryland Province list of accused priests as of December 2018.
On March 5th, 2019, a police report was filed in Charlotte, NC by a man alleging that Bradley and Father Damion Lynch each abused him as a teen in North Carolina in the 1990’s. Bradley’s name was added to the Baltimore Archdiocese’s list in February of 2019.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Charlotte in North Carolina. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in North Carolina, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Charlotte now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in North Carolina and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.