Father Henry J. Reel
Diocese of Rockville Centre
- 1934-1939: St. Thomas Aquinas (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1939-1957: Immaculate Conception Seminary (Huntington, NY)
- 1957-1959: Our Lady of the Magnificat (Ocean Beach, Fire Island, NY)
- 1959-1961: Comm. for Sacred Liturgy
- 1961-1984: St. Aloysius (Great Neck, NY)
- 1962: Domestic Prelate
- 1963-Unknown: Pro-Synodal Judge
- 1963: Delegate Our Lady of Assumption Deanery; Chairman Diocesan Comm. for Sacred Liturgy
- 1964: Diocesan Comm. for the Sacred Liturgy, Music & Art
- 1965: Diocesan Consultor
- 1968-1982: Pro-Synodal Examiner
- 1970-unknown: Chairman Diocesan Task Force
- 1971-1979: Our Lady of the Assumption Deanery
- 1980-Unknown: Protonotary Apostolic Supernumerary
- 1981-1985: Priests Senate
- 1984: Pastor Emeritus with residence in Great Neck, NY
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Henry J. Reel:
Father Henry J. Reel is listed on the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s 2021 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The list states that the alleged sexual abuse occurred while Reel worked at St. Aloysius in Great Neck, NY, sometime between 1961-1984. The list also says that Reel abused his victim(s) at Jones Beach, a boy’s summer camp, in his own car, and at Immaculate Conception Seminary. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age/gender, are unknown. It is believed that Fr. Reel died in 1991.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.