Father Herbert Skurski
Diocese of Ogdensburg
Assigned as Follows:
- St. Michael’s Church (Bridgeport, CT)
- St. Casimir Church (Baltimore, MD)
- Corpus Christi Church (Chambersburg, PA)
- St. Stanislaus Kostka Church (Baltimore, MD)
- Queen of the Most Holy Rosary (Buffalo, NY)
- St. Theresa Church (Rochester, NY)
- Holy Trinity Church (Montreal, Canada)
- St. Stanislaus Church (Chicopee, MA)
- St. Hedwig Church (New Bedford, MA)
- St. Stephen Church (Shamokin, PA)
- St. Mary Church (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- St. Joseph Friary and Church (Peabody, MA)
- St. Mary’s Nativity Church (West Leyden, NY)
- St. Mary’s Church (Constableville, NY)
- St. Louis Church (Portland, ME)
- St. Joseph Church (Mt. Carmel, PA)
- St. Hyacinth Friary (Granby, MA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Herbert Skurski:
In 2017, a letter was sent to Bishop Terry R. LaValley by a woman who reported that Father Herbert Skurski had sexually abused her as a child when he was assigned to the Ogdensburg Diocese.
After internally investigating the claim, the Diocese of Ogdensburg decided to provide financial assistance for counseling for the victim. In December of 2018, the diocese offered her $100,000 from the IRCP.
No further information has been given about the settlement.
Herbert Skurski died in January of 1996.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Ogdensburg in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused as a child in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Ogdensburg now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.