Father Hugh Harold McGroarty
Diocese of Scranton
- 1946-1947: Saint Charles, Sugar Notch, PA)
- 1947-1950: Holy Savior (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1950-1962: Saint Patrick (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1962: Christ the King (Dunmore, PA)
- 1962-1966: Saint Mary of Mount Carmel (Dunmore, PA)
- 1966-1969: Saint Martha (Fairmount Springs, PA)
- 1969-1974: Our Lady Queen of Peace (Brodheadsville, PA)
- 1974-1979: Saint Elizabeth (Bear Creek, PA)
- 1979-1982: Saint Francis X. Cabrini (Carverton, PA)
- 1982-1985: Saint Patrick (White Haven, PA)
- 1985-1987: Saint Cecelia (Exeter, PA)
- 1987-1991: Saint John the Evangelist (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1991- 1993: Saint Rose (Carbondale, PA)
- 1993-1996: Saint Hedwig (Kingston, PA)
- 1996: Saint John the Evangelist (Pittston, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Hugh Harold McGroarty:
Father Hugh Harold McGroarty was ordained a priest in 1945, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Scranton. According to media reports, in Fr. McGroarty was named on the Diocese of Scranton 2020 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown. Fr. McGroarty died in 2012. He was assigned to parishes in Sugar Notch, Wilkes-Barre, Dunmore, Fairmount Springs, Bear Creek, Carverton, White Haven, Exeter, Carbondale, Kingston, Pittston over his tenure.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.