Father James Casey
Diocese of Sacramento
Retired: 1974 and 1992
- 1933-1935: St.Patrick Angels Camp (Sacramento, CA)
- 1935-1936: Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament (Sacramento, CA)
- 1936-1940: Sacred Heart (Alturas, CA)
- 1940-1947: Editor of the Superior California Register (Sacramento, CA)
- 1947-1963: St. John the Evangelist (Dunsmuir, CA)
- 1963-1974: Sacred Heart (Red Bluff, CA)
- 1974-1975: St. John the Evangelist (Dunsmuir, CA)
- 1975-1980: St. Joseph (McCloud, CA)
- 1980-1992: Sacred Heart (Red Bluff, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father James Casey:
Fr. James Casey was ordained a priest in 1933. Accusations against this Ireland-born priest started surfacing after Casey’s death. According to The Sacramento Bee, allegations were reported to the Diocese of Sacramento in 2011, stating that Casey touched and fondled numerous boys all under the age of 14 while working at Sacred Heart and St. John in California in the 1950s. Although the church tried to cover it up, Casey was publicly named as accused by the diocese in 2019.
Casey was included on the Diocese of Sacramento list of clergy credibly accused of sexually abusing a minor.
Casey was present in the church community until he died in 1992.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.