Father James F. Foley
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1949 St. Anthony (White River Junction, VT)
- 1949-1953 St. Augustine (Montpelier, VT)
- 1953-1954 St. Raphael (Poultney, VT)
- 1954-1960 St. Mark (Burlington, VT)
- 1960-1966 St. Patrick (Fairfield, VT)
- 1966-1970 St. Isadore (Montgomery Center, VT)
- 1970-1974 “On Loan” to St. Bernard’s Seminary of Theology (Rochester, NY)
- 1974-1975 St. Anthony, (White River Junction, VT)
- 1975 St. John the Evangelist (Northfield, VT); St. Cecilia (Washington, DC)
- 1975-1977 St. Paul (Orwell, VT)
- 1977-1979 St. Augustine (Montpelier, VT)
- 1979-1984 St. Joseph Home for the Aged (Burlington, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father James F. Foley:
Father James F. Foley served as a priest in Vermont for approximately 30 years. He retired in 1984, and died in November 2002.
According to media reports, in August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.