Father James Walsh
Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as Follows:
- 1973: St. Ann’s (Tobyhanna, PA)
- 1973: Holy Rosary (Scranton, PA)
- 1974: St. Clare (Scranton, PA)
- 1975: Cathedral of St. Peter (Scranton, PA)
- 1978: St. Ann’s (Tobyhanna, PA)
- 1979: St. Gregory Church (Clarks Green, PA)
- 1983: St. John the Evangelist
- 1984: St. Patricks (Olyphant, PA)
- 1985: St. Francis Parish (Nanticoke, PA)
- 1985: St. Joseph Parish (White Mills, PA)
- 1991: St. Mary Parish (Avoca, PA)
- 1996: Sacred Heart of Mary (Jermyn, PA)
- 2006: Our Lady of Sorrows Parish; St. Joseph Parish (West Wyoming, PA)
- 2009 St. Francis of Assisi; St. Patrick Parish (Scranton, PA)
- 2013 St. Joseph Parish (Matamoras, PA)
- 2015 St. Maria Goretti (Laflin, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father James Walsh:
Father James Walsh was ordained a priest in 1972, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Scranton. According to media reports, in March 2019, the Diocese received an allegation of sexual assault involving . The alleged incident took place in 1979, while Walsh was serving at the Church of Saint Gregory in Clarks Green. The victim who came forward was an adult at the time of the alleged assault.
During the course of the investigation, the Diocese received another allegation involving inappropriate behavior with an adult by Father Walsh. The investigator fully investigated the allegation, as well as two prior reports of possible misconduct involving Walsh. He denied each allegation.
The Diocese did deem the allegations against him credible, and Father Walsh was informed of the bishop’s intention to remove him as a pastor. He submitted his resignation as pastor of Saint Maria Goretti Parish shortly thereafter.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.