Father James K. Bogert
Diocese of Rockville Centre
- 1967: St. Patrick (Southold, NY)
- 1967: St. Patrick (Bay Shore, NY)
- 1968-1971: Coordinator for Interracial Activity
- 1971: St. William the Abbot (Seaford, NY)
- 1971-1973: St. John of God (Central Islip, NY)
- 1978-Unknown: Diocesan Chaplain at Nassau County Jail and Children’s Shelter (East Meadow, NY)
- 1978: St. Pius X Sem. (Uniondale, NY)
- 1982-1984: Director for Prison Ministerial Services
- 1983-Unknown: St. Francis Residence (Deer Park, NY)
- 1984-1985: St. John Nepomucene (Bohemia, NY)
- 1985-1987: St. Brigid (Westbury, NY)
- 1987-1992: Our Lady of Loretto (Hempstead, NY)
- 1992: Diocese of Palm Beach, Florida
- 1993-2020: Diocese of Rockville Centre
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father James K. Bogert:
Fr. James K. Bogert celebrated his 50-year jubilee in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in 2017. He is listed on the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s 2021 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The list states that the alleged sexual abuse occurred sometime between 1970-1983. The alleged abuse took place in the Nassau County Jail movie theater, in Fr. Bogert’s car parked at Calverton Cemetery, in Bogert’s private home in Clifton Park, NY. No further details have been released as of yet.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process, but strict filing deadlines will apply, and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.