Father James McDonough
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1955-1958: Gonzaga Prep (Spokane, WA)
- 1958-1962: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1962-1963: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1963-1970: Gonzaga Prep (Spokane, WA)
- 1970-1971: St. Joseph’s Church (Seattle, WA)
- 1971-1972: Bellarmine Prep (Tacoma, WA)
- 1972-1974: Gonzaga University (Spokane, WA)
- 1974-1978: Jesuit High School (Portland, OR)
- 1978-1979: Provincial Residence (Portland, OR)
- 1979-1980: Blessed Sacrament Church (Rapid City, SD)
- 1980-1983: St. Martin’s Academy (Rapid City, SD)
- 1983-1984: St. Aloysius Church (Spokane, WA)
- 1984-1986: Sacred Heart Medical Center (Spokane, WA)
- 1986-1989: Bellarmine Prep (Tacoma, WA)
- 1989-1997: Colombiere Community (Portland, OR)
- 1997-2006: Gonzaga University Community (Spokane, WA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father James McDonough:
Fr. James McDonough was a Jesuit priest, ordained in 1961, who served in multiple dioceses on the west coast, including in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2018, his name was included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, when the abuse occurred or when it was reported is unknown.
In 2019, Fr. McDonough was included on the Diocese of Rapid City list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. It is noted there was a single allegation against him.
Fr. McDonough died in 2006.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.