Father John Deady
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1940: St. Elizabeth’s (Pasadena, CA)
- 1941-1942: St. Basil’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1943: San Buenaventura Mission (Ventura, CA)
- 1944-1946: U.S. Navy Chaplain
- 1947-1948: Holy Family (South Pasadena, CA)
- 1949-1952: St. Matthias Catholic Church (Huntington Park, CA)
- 1953: St. Anthony Catholic Church (San Gabriel, CA)
- 1954: St. Columbkille Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1955-1957: Resurrection Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1958-1960: Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church (Paramount, CA)
- 1961-1964: Saints Simon and Jude Church (Huntington Beach, CA)
- 1965-1988: Presentation of Mary Catholic Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1988: St. John of God Nursing Home
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John Deady:
Fr. John P. Deady was ordained a priest in 1939, and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. He was a U.S. Navy Chaplain from approximately 1943 to 1946 and it is unclear where he was located at that time. According to media reports, in April 2002, Fr. Deady was named in a lawsuit alleging he sexually abused a child from approximately 1956 to 1957 while serving at Resurrection Catholic Church in Los Angeles.
Father Deady was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors and has been sued for child sexual abuse. He retired in 1989 and died shortly after in March.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.