Fr. John Dzurko
Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 1932: St. Joseph (Matamoras, PA)
- 1932: St. Mary (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1932-1934: St. Patrick (White Haven, PA)
- 1934: St. Mary (Lackawaxen, PA)
- 1934-1938: Holy Trinity (Hazleton, PA)
- 1938-1943: St. Michael (Forest City, PA)
- 1943-1959: Holy Trinity (Simpson, PA)
- 1959-1970: St. Joseph (Nanticoke, PA)
- 1970-1979: St. Joseph (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1979-1991: St. Joseph (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. John Dzurko:
Fr. John Dzurko was ordained to the priesthood in 1932, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Scranton. According to media reports, in 2005, a 48-year-old woman alleged that she was molested by the priest in 1957. She was 11 years old at the time. The Diocese believed the victim to credible and deserved to receive assistance in healing from her childhood trauma. The Diocese subsequently paid the cost of art therapy for the woman.
In 2018, Fr. Dzurko was first named publicly as accused in the PA Grand Jury Report. His name also appeared on the Diocese of Scranton’s August 2018 list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse
Fr. John Dzurko died in 1991.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.